Primary liver cancer is usually known as Hepatocellular Carcinoma ( HCC ) is a form of cancer that is commonly found throughout the world . This type of cancer usually affects people who have a liver disorder or cirrhosis of the liver .
Liver AnatomyThe liver is the largest organ in the human body digestion . Liver weight in adult humans around 1400-1600 grams , which is about 2.5 % of body weight . Liver is located under the right lung and is protected by the ribs .
- Participate in the process of making proteins
- As a storage area
- Producing bile
- The detoxification and decomposition of substances
Hearts break down the chemicals that enter the body such as alcohol , drugs , and waste products from the body . Hearts also break down red blood cells that die a coloring substance urine and feces .
What causes liver cancer ?Factors causes liver cancer :
- Infection of Hepatitis B and C virus (70 % of liver cancer caused by hepatitis B virus infection)
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- The use of needles to drug users may increase the risk of exposure to infection of Hepatitis B and C virus
- Exposure to toxic mold ( aflatoxin ) is a fungus that is found in peanuts
- non- alcoholic fatty liver disease
- The use of anabolic steroids in the long term
- with hereditary hemochromatosis or iron accumulation in organs
- Men have a higher risk of developing liver cancer . Comparison of male : female = 3 : 1